Sunday, October 6, 2013

September Recap


September has been a solid month. After injuring my hamstring in August, September has been the month of recovery, beginning to rebuild my strength. Over the past 5 weeks, I have built back up to 4 runs a week. This week I ran 18 miles with my long run on Saturday of 8 miles. I have had very minimal pain in my hamstring and little by little, my pace is improving. I have also started to get back in the pool and on the bike. Over the winter, I need to build a really strong base in order to get me through all of next year's races.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted this post on Crockpot Cooking. Since then, we have tried all but one of the meals from the recipes I posted. The Chicken Fajitas and Enchilada Stew were both excellent and we will repeat those again. Unfortunately, neither of us liked the Moroccan Stew or Sweet Potato Lentil Soup. I am not sure what it was about those. Neither of us had ever had lentils, so it may be the taste of the green lentils that didn't sit right with us. We are on the hunt for more recipes which should work as freezer meals.


October should be a good month. I have a couple of "races" on the schedule. I won't be running any of them too fast, but I will at least complete both.

10/10 - Alpharetta PAL 5K - this race is put on by my employer and is a fun 5K
10/26 - Silver Comet Half Marathon - the first half I ever ran in 2007.

Goals for Oct
1.Stay injury free
2.Finish Silver Comet Half
3.Add a 5th run day and get over 20 miles per week by the end of the month
4.Ride a minimum of 2x per week, preferably 3
5.Swim at least 1x per week, preferably 2

How was your September? Do you have any big plans for October.

1 comment:

lindsay said...

Glad to see you back in action! Not sure if you've been blogging this whole time and I just missed it when Google Reader shutdown (I don't know that my transition to Feedly was 100% smooth) or maybe you took some time off from blogging... Anyway, thanks for the recent comment.

Hope yesterday's 5k went well and good luck in your upcoming half! I'm impressed with the crockpot cooking... I always say I want to do that but never quite get around it. (I know, I know, all you have to do is dump it in)