Friday, October 25, 2013

Half Marathon Flashback Playlist

I decided it was time for a new playlist for this weekend's half marathon. Lately, I have been into listening to the music I grew up with: old school rap and freestyle. My goal was to  come up with a playlist of nothing but my favorite songs from the 80s and early 90s. I more then succeeded. I am close to a full marathon playlist. My plans are to shuffle the playlist so I don't have to worry about arranging the songs in any particular order. I am already thinking about a future playlist of nothing but 80s hair bands. We will see how that goes.



This playlist has 53 songs for over 4 hours of music. I just need to add a few more songs and I'll have a full marathon playlist.

2Pac - California Love
Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force - Planet Rock
Beastie Boys - Hold It Now, Hit It
Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn
The Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
The Beastie Boys - Girls
The Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
Boyz II Men - Motownphilly
Chubb Rock - Treat 'Em Right
Coolio Feat. L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise (Dangerous Minds)
Digital Underground - Same Song F/ 2pac
Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Debbie Deb - When I hear Music
Debbie Deb - Lookout Weekend
DJ Laz - Esa Morena
Egyptian Lover - Egypt Egypt
Freak Nasty - Da Dip
Get Funky Crew - Pullit All The Way Down
Heavy D & The Boyz - Now That We Found Love
House Of Pain - Jump Around
Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper (Heartical Mix)
J. J. Fad - Supersonic
JJ Fad - Boom! I Got Your Boyfriend
Johnny O - Fantasy Girl
Kool Moe Dee - I Go To Work
Kriss Kross - Jump
Lil Suzy - Take Me In Your Arms
LL Cool J - Going Back To Cali
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out
MC Hammer - 2 Legit 2 Quit
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
Poison Clan - Dance All Nite
Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two
Rockell - In A Dream
Run-D.M.C. - You Be Illin'
Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
Shannon - Let The Music Play
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
Sisqo - Thong Song
Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh - Lodi Dodi
Snoop Dogg - Who Am I (What's My Name)?
Stevie B - Spring Love
Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is)
Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
The Cover Girls - Show Me
Tone-Loc - Wild Thing
Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
Young MC - Bust A Move

We were originally supposed to run the Silver Comet Half Marathon tomorrow. Because there was a better option closer to home, we have decided to do the Halloween Half on Sunday instead. I'd like to finish around 2:30, but we shall see how it goes

No comments: