Monday, September 16, 2013

New Feature: Music Monday : Eminem

This should have posted on Monday(9/16). Rather then holding it off till next Monday, I figured that I would release it now so I can release a new Music Monday in a few days

I  am adding a new feature to the blog: Music Monday. I'll feature around 3 songs that are currently on my running or spinning playlist. For my 1st installment I decided on Eminem. Eminem has always had some good motivational songs to run to. If the first two singles are any indication, his newest album which crimes out in November should be another good one.

Warning: as anyone who has listened to Eminem before already should know, his lyrics aren't always PG. The first song is fairly sterile, the second has some cursing, but the third is somewhat vulgar. I debated about including it. In the end, the songs chorus and hard rock edginess, led me to include it.

Eminem - Till I Collapse

This is a song that is on many runners playlist. It is a great reminder to keep pushing forward, to not give up. I particularly like this version of the video which is a compilation of footage from Ironman

Favorite lyrics

Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
And just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.








Eminem - Berzerk

This is the first song released off his new album. I instantly new it was a great song to add to my running playlist.

Favorite lyrics
Say f#&k it before we kick the bucket
Life's too short to not go for broke


Eminem - Survival

This song hasn't actually been released yet, but it is available on youtube. I debated about including it because it is fairly vulgar. In the end, I decided that it was such a great pick me up song on the run that I would go ahead and include it.

Favorite lyrics
This is survival of the fittest
This is do or die
This is the winner takes it all
So take it all



Bonus Track

 In case you though that berzerk sounded a little familiar, Eminem sample the music from this rock hit that is also on my playlist


What's your favorite Eminem song? If you don't like Eminem, what is your favorite pick-me-up song on your running playlist?


No comments: