Monday, January 24, 2011

Big Things are gonna happen in 2011

2010 was a pretty uneventful year.2011 has gotten of to a rocking start. Where do I even begin?

Last week I was offered an amazing new job. I have been networking on this opportunity for more then half a year and it finally happened. There was never a doubt in my mind that I was their chosen candidate, it was just a matter of timing as this was to be a new position within their company. Back in May 2010, I did a charity bike ride called the http://www.allianceride.com/">Alliance Ride put on by Jackson Healthcare and the Scott Rigsby Foundation. I found out about this ride through a Facebook friend who used to be a member of our tri club.

Being in the healthcare industry, I was curious to see what Jackson Healthcare did. The more I researched the company, the more I was impressed. Though I was initially interested in a different position within one of their other divisions, my friend convinced me I was an even better fit for a position that he was about to pitch to his managers. This position would be a data analyst for their Anesthesia Division, which is exactly the type of area I have been most interested in and looked to focus my career on. Time went by and I met with management both unofficially and officially. I had actually expected to get my offer earlier, but between the holidays and the nearly week long shutdown of Atlanta due to snowmageddon there were several delays. It will tough leaving my current employer, but I look forward to new challenges and exciting opportunities.

My new boss (my friend from the tri club) is an Ironman finisher and there are many more Ironman finishers within the company. The company has a run/tri club and an impressive gym on site, so it will make it even easier to get my training in. There are other great benefits and the company has been in the Atlanta Business Chronicle's Best Companies to Work For for the last 3 or 4 years. I cant wait to start next month

2011 will very likely be my return to Beach 2 Battleship Full. Right now, I am only 100% committed to a single race and after that I will make my plans since B2B Full will more then likely still be open in June. I am planning on doing the http://gamultisports.com/rock-%E2%80%98n-rollman-race-series/"> Rock n Roll Man half iron race in Macon in June. If I can get close to the weight I would like to be at and stay injury free, I plan to sign up for B2B full after finishing the half in June.

In order to get to my goal weight, I have begun eating Paleo/Primal style. In the last 6 weeks, I am down over 10 pounds and definitely have much more energy. More to come on this later. I really must get to bed. Another part of my plans for 2011 is to start getting more sleep, which will help both my training and weight loss.

8 comments:

Steph Bachman said...

Congrats on your new job, Kevin!

I just started logging my intake on www.livestrong.com using their Daily Plate software. It has been very eye-opening to see which foods are calorie-dense.

Wes said...

Congrats on your new job! and good luck in 2011!!

lindsay said...

congrats on the new job! sounds awesome that it has come together and hopefully it will be enjoyable and fulfilling for you.

(i would make a great compression sock designer!)

Lisa said...

congrats on the new job. the new year is off to a great start for you!

Ryan said...

Nice!

A couple of years ago I signed up for that same race the day before using cash... nobody turns down cash!

I have no doubt if you shed a few lbs you will hit that 140.6 finish running strong!

Nitmos said...

Here's to a strong 2011!

TRIFishy said...

Hi!

My name is Gena and I work for a tri store online. I happened upon your blog and enjoyed reading about your triathlon ventures. Anyway, I am contacting you to see if you are interested in a simple sponsorship. Please let me know at sponsorships@onetri.com. I just wanted to note that you have been selected as you met our specific guidelines. If you are interested just send me a quick note and I’ll send you more details about the potential sponsorship.

Happy and Safe Training :)

Calyx Meredith said...

Hey - was just wondering if you're going to do B2B. Hope this year has been as awesome as you wanted it to be! :)