Sunday, May 2, 2010

Aprils Stats

April has been a pretty busy month for me. I have not had the time to blog. I am working to expand my knowledge in certain areas that will help me advance my career. This is keeping me busy reading and programming SQL queries. I am enjoying it, but that combined with swimming,biking, and running has left me with no time to blog.

Even though my weight loss has slowed down in the last couple weeks, I lost another 4 pounds in April. The last couple weeks, I haven't really tracked my food intake and I have basically stayed the same or gained a single pound, so I am happy with that. Time to get back on the serious weight loss wagon.

With April comes pollen season and awful allergies and asthma. This has hampered my training, especially my running. This week was the first week in several where I finally felt like I could breathe.

I am swimming a couple times a week. My average swim is around 1500 M. I am mainly focused on building back my strength and a little speed. I am doing lots of 100M's right now on 2:00. I think I can bring them down to 1:45 soon. I did another 200 TT this month. I came in 15 seconds faster (7.5 sec/100M) and I think I may have had more in me.

My biggest focus on the bike is the Tuesday night tri club ride. There are lots of hills and the pace picks up to over 25mph on the flat segments. Each week I am getting a little faster. My first ride was 14.1mph. My last one was over 16. My goal is to be able to keep up with the A group by the end of the season. If I can keep losing weight, I should be able to reach this goal.

My running continues to improve, even with the setbacks of spring pollen season. I "ran" one 5K, but the problem was this was the peak pollen week, and by the 1st mile I was completely out of breath. I still finished in 33 min, but figured if I hadnt been out of breath, I could have ran it around 27-28 minutes. I am currently basing my training paces of a guesstimated 27 min 5K and it seems to be just the right amount of challenge. I resumed speed work this week after two weeks off from any speed work due to asthma. The paces felt good, but I had to cut the distance back down. I am reworking my 10K plan to peak at the Peachtree. I have also decided to add more volume to my plan and build up to 40 mile weeks for my 10K training and build from there to 60 mile weeks for my marathon training. I know as I lose weight, my body can handle this volume as long as I build my volume properly. The only down side is that it likely means I will have to be up in the morning at least twice during the week to run 3-5 miles during 10K training and 6 miles or so during marathon training.

April's totals
6,700 M swim
50.53 Miles Bike (Way too low, did over 200 in march)
40.84 Miles run (less then I'd like, but asthma kept me from running. The reduced mileage this month is probably good for my legs though)

38 comments:

Xavi Garcia said...

Your plan looks great!


Cheers from Hong Kong!


"XTB" Xavi.

Sherry said...

So great to read an update from you, Kevin! Personally, I think it's great that you are placing emphasis on your career right now and not so much on blogging (or tri time). If I still had a job (darn economy), I would love to be doing the same thing. All of this tri stuff can become very overwhelming (and taken too seriously) when you are unemployed, like me, with nothing more to do than sit and think about 'tri' all day long. LOL!

I give you a lot of credit for getting out there with your allergies. I can't even imagine.

Way to go n your progress. It's all about baby steps. It's taken me 6 months to lose 9 pounds. I watched it come off 1/4 lb. a week. Patience, patience. :o)

Wes said...

Keep up the good work Kevin! I saw a guy on the Today show who was 7 pounds away from losing 300 pounds. So inspiring!

Good to see you last weekend...

lindsay said...

glad all is going well. minus the allergies, of course. no fun at all! i'm allergic to every single kind of plant/flower/tree/grass/bush myself :( hopefully the pollen will go away quickly so we can "just" deal with the heat and humidity (yippi) :)

展惟定姍 said...

友情像一棵樹木,要慢慢的栽培,才能成長真的友誼,要經過困難考驗,才可友誼永固..............................

Rachel said...

Sounds like you're making awesome progress. Keep up the nice work!

KimberelyM14165 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩ ........................................

NathanaelDrumm0113家明 said...

動不一定每一次都成功,但坐而不行,絕無任何成功可言.............................................

EdwardG_Burrell1016 said...

你的選擇就是做或不做,不做就永遠不會有機會.............................................

奎峰 said...

成人 免費視訊影音觀賞 聊天網 免費h卡通 0401交友 台灣女優 性感裸體寫真 免費影片線上觀看 本土自拍偷拍露點照 免費豆豆聊天室 愛愛 情趣丁字褲 成人遊戲18禁 少女裸體圖片 嘟嘟影城85c 免費a圖a片 美眉情色網 麗的色情遊戲 一夜情短片 av383tv影片 完美女人聊天室 玩美女人影音視訊 性感熱辣美女寫真 裸睡的辣妹圖片 人妻自拍畫廊 超熟女性愛 視訊聊天 空姐免費a片 a圖網情色貼圖 寫真 85cc卡通影城 杜蕾斯成人 微風 嘟嘟 av女優777 情色貼圖片 台灣援交自拍影片 情人視訊聊天室 鋼管辣妹 免費av 洪爺性愛貼圖 大奶裸體辣妹 www.sex520.com 電話下載片 日本巨乳貼圖 性愛自拍圖貼 後宮電影院女優 限制級 0204 性愛影片觀看 內褲走光

文辰 said...

you two make a lovely couple............................................................

雅雯雅雯 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。...........................................................................

振瑋 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。..................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.................................................................

曉薇 said...

期待你的下次更新喔^____^.....................................................................

李哲維 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

佩春 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

靜宸靜宸 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

很棒的分享~留言支持!.......................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

you are the best 1..................................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough. ............................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

Riches serve a wise man but command a fool.............................................................

竹青 said...

認同您堅持和認真的態度,加油!支持你............................................................

陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

很喜歡看看別人的生活故事,謝謝您的分享哦~~............................................................

林柏毅林柏毅 said...

pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!..................................................................

蔡靜芳蔡靜芳 said...

耐心是一株很苦的植物,但果實卻很甜美。..................................................

洪瑋婷洪瑋婷 said...

不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。..................................................

魏江伶魏江伶 said...

不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。..................................................

士凱士凱 said...

喜歡這裡-支持你的更新.................................................................

佳瑩佳瑩 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

黃錢靜怡慧婷 said...

要友誼長存,我們必須原諒彼此的小缺點。.......................................................

姿弘綸穎 said...

一句話,那就是,"船到橋頭自然直."............................................................

家唐銘 said...

拒絕冒險和成長的人,終將被生命的潮流陶汰。.......................................................

雅王任 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

偉曹琬 said...

從來愛都不知它的深度,非得等到別離的時候..................................................................

文王廷 said...

臨淵羨魚,不如退而結網。......................................................

建曹宏建曹宏 said...

我來湊熱鬧的~~^^ 要平安快樂哦..................................................

靜蔡蔡蔡蔡怡 said...

永遠支持你呀!!!謝謝格主..................................................................