Monday, October 5, 2009

Yay!! Fal is here

Tonight I finally felt good enough to get outside and train. I got home from work stepped out of the car and was happy to feel how cool it was outside. I actually had to dig out a lightweight long sleeve shirt tonight.

I headed out and felt pretty good. My pace was fast (relative to what it had been) and my HR was staying relatively low. I was a little surprised when the first mile came in at 10:17. Lately my runs had been averaging in the mid 11's. Because I was feeling real good, I kept the pace up and mile 2 came in at 10:25 and the third mile in 10:51. With my HR starting to rise and feeling confidant about my run, I cooled down for the fourth mile and called it a day

My average for the firs three miles was 10:30 and my HR averaged 166 which is barely into Z3 for me. This was all in my hilly neighborhood . I feel realy good about my running ability returning. I am really happy about fall returning, it is my favorite time of the year for running.

Well, I just thought I would share my awesome run today. I am off to use my new foam roller, the TP Therapy Grid. I have been through 2 of the standard target foam rollers. Both have eventually lost its shape. This one is totally different. It is a hollow plastic tube with the foam on the outside of it. So far, I am liking it more then the standard foam roller. If it holds up like they claim, it will be well worth the extra money. Once I have used it a little more, I will have to give it a full review.

One recent purchase I would have to recommend are the Croc Prepair sandles. They are the bomb diggity. They sounded kinda hokey when I first hear about them, but I am glad I bought them. They were the only thing that felt comfortable with the blisters on the ball of my foot. It hurt to even walk on the soft carpet. Once I put the prepair sandles on, I couldnt feel any pain.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the tip on the podcast I'm listening to it now. It has been really helpful (and a time a bit overwhelming with info, but that's okay!).

Great job on the run, glad you had a good one!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

i wonder what the normal life expectancy for a foam roller is. they dont' seem to last all that long before breaking down...much like shoes.

if you discover that you really did find one that lasts longer, please keep us informed (fingers crossed)

Shannon said...

"Fall" Running is the best, best, bestest!

Me and foamy are having hott sex tonight fo sho!

Jess said...

Glad you had such an awesome run! Send some of that cooler weather my way!

Wes said...

Make sure you say you actually paid for your own foam roller or the imperialist Federal government via the FTC might fine you 10 grand...

Nice run too bro...

ShirleyPerly said...

Good job on your run!

I wish I could say Fall was here but the cold front was just a tease last week. Grrr ...

Jon Gilchrist said...

glad you had such a solid run....dontcha just LOVE those moments??

I heard about that foam roller...heard good things about it too.

Funny thing U mention those crocs..the bottoms of my feet are starting to get "right" again....I'll have to check those out, too

lindsay said...

i think i should really get a foam roller lately. i've heard about them falling apart, so i'll have to look into this one if it's a better quality!

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow, I might have to try those sandals - thanks for the tip!!

sRod said...

I heart my crocs post-run. Best thing ever