Saturday, October 3, 2009

So maybe it wasnt anything I did after all

First off, I want to thank everyone for the great advice. As it now turns out, I may have not done anything majorly wrong after all when it comes to my nutrition. I have actually been having a similar nausea and burping all week. It was at its worst yesterday and today I am finally starting to feel a little better. Not sure what might be causing it, but as long as I am feeling better by tomorrow, I am not going to worry too much about it.

I dont think I will change much with my nutrition. I drank 4 bottles of water on the bike. I probably should have drank a little more then I did with as hot as it was. I was definitely dehydrated by the end of the race.

Because it will be cold in November, I should be safe with about a bottle every 45 minutes. I probably need to take a bottle at every water station on the bike in addition to the three I start with.

I definitely need to get some open water swims done in the next few weeks. I dont think it is wetsuit specific because I believe I had back pain after a non wetsuit swim at calloway. I think it may have to do with how I sight on an ows.

Training has been nonexistant this week other then a 35 minute spin on the trainer on monday to loosen the legs up. I hope to do some form of training tomorrow and resume full training by Monday.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so close to the goal bro---keep going, WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!

Sherry said...

Way to stay positive, Kevin! That's super great to hear!!! B2B is sooo close! Scott & I can't wait to do that race next year. It looks just lovely (and of course, I know I am going to adore the cool weather). :o)

Jess said...

Sounds like you have it figured out!

teacherwoman said...

Gotta have a little recovery from the race... keep up the great work! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Hmm, maybe some other stomach issue then. Hope you are feeling better now!