Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rewiew: Invigorator Socks

I was approached on twitter to review Invigorator Compression Socks. I have been a compression sock user for about a year now. I have used both full sock as well as compression sleeves. In fact, for IM Augusta, I used my 2XU sleeves the entire race.

While the sleeves are great for racing, they look really funny wearing them out in public. I use the sleeves only for racing and use the socks for recovery



When I was asked to try them, I was asked both my shoe size and height. The other pair of compression socks I have only come in 2 or 3 sizes and they were loose in the heel. The first thing I noticed when I put the invigorators on was that they fit snug all the way from the toes to the knee. I also noticed that they offered much more compression then the other pair I have used. While I forgot to put them on for the car ride home from Augusta, I put them on Sunday night when I got home and wore them all day Monday. By Monday evening, my legs felt pretty fresh. I definitely feel the invigorators are effective for recovery after a long ride, run, or race. If I had to find a down side to these socks is that they are not designed to run in. However, because these socks are all black, they could be worn to work.

For someone who is interested in compression socks, I would absolutely recommend these. They fit well, provide adequate compression and could easily be worn to work under dress pants. At 25$ (Some sizes are even less right now on Amazon) they are reasonably priced.

If you are interested in possibly winning a free pair, they have been giving away socks almost weekly on twitter to their followers. Their user name is inVigorators

8 comments:

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

nice review. i think i need to get some compression socks myself.

lindsay said...

i love compression socks. i just wish they went up even taller so the quad & hamstrings could get in on the pampering!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds great. Thanks for the review!

Molly said...

Nice! I looooove compression socks :)

Sherry said...

I ♥ compression! Any compression! I want a compression suit!!

Wes said...

I lurve my 2XU sleeves too, but I wore them on a bike ride one day, and I couldn't wait to get the dayum things off...

Gotta Run..Gotta Ride said...

Good review Kevin. I scored some compression tights for half price the other week and now having used them two weeks in a row I do agree that there just may be something to them.

I like the tights best becasue i needed full lug recovery. You might want to try some yourself bacause of the riding.

ShirleyPerly said...

I need to look into getting compression socks/tights to help with my recovery between my iron races. Thanks for the review!