Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rain, rain go away

It has been raining almost nonstop for the last couple of days. While it has stayed cool, the humidity has been high. I am so ready for the rain to be gone already. Unfortunately, there is rain in the forecast all the way till next weekend, though after this weekend, there is a smaller chance of rain. I am hoping it isnt raining too bad this weekend. I am supposed to run around 2.5 hours or so on Saturday and Sunday I need to get to the lake to get in an OWS and get my wetsuit on.

With the way our weather has been here in Atlanta, I have been really curious how the weather will be for Augusta. Looking at the weather forecasts, Augusta generally runs about 5-10 degrees warmer then Atlanta. Weather.com only forecasts out 10 days, so it will be interesting to see what they say tomorrow. So I decided to see how far out Accuweather forecasts. Sure enough, they forecast out 15 days. My jaw dropped when I saw the forecast


Screen shot from accuweather.com

I really hope they are wrong or conditions change by then, because that is really going to make Augusta a tough race. Definitely will have to adjust my nutrition and pay extra attention to hydration and electrolytes with that kind of humidity.

I am not going to worry too much about that which I cannot control. I just have to monitor the forecast through the next week and plan accordingly.

Did another 30 minute run tonight. My legs are feeling better. Still have just a little bit of back pain. I hope to be close to 100% by Saturday's long run

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm originally from just south of Augusta and the humidity is all my parents are complaining about as of late.

I don't think I realized you were racing Augusta. I was thinking about driving over to see the race, but hadn't decided yet. Good luck!

Wes said...

Weather.com is showing a high of 79. I'm not worried about it. I'll be done long before the high of the day ;-)

Shannon said...

I'm hoping the rain passes as well....

D10 said...

I hope you have nice weather. However, if you don't it sounds like you know what you need to do to make the race successful.

Karen said...

Augusta can be insanely hot and humid. If 85 is the high for the day, you should be at your hotel with your feet propped up by the time that hits! Don't you sweat it :)

lindsay said...

ugh humidity! hopefully there will be some relief pushed through there to help cool things off and dry the air out a little. don't let the weather forecast psych you out - trust your training!

Sherry said...

OMG... does that really say 105F heat index!?!

Well, I guess I should be well prepared for this race then... looks like it's going to be feeling exactly like training sessions in my own backyard. Dang... and I was hoping for a cold (er, cool) front.

ShirleyPerly said...

Keep hearing about all the rain up in your area. Hope things clear up this week so you can at least get to your Augusta race safely. Sounds like Augusta may be as hot as the race in Central FL I'm doing next weekend!