Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Great News

First off, I want to say thank you for all your great comments. We have such a great community here of athletes who support each other through the ups and downs of training and racing.

So apparently I do not have a hernia. A day or two after the original Dr Appt I was pain free which made me suspicious. When I saw the surgeon today, he examined me and determined it is actually a hip adductor strain which has already been healing as I have no pain. Apparently he often sees patients with this same situation where the primary doctor diagnoses a hernia, when it is actually a groin strain.

I took Thursday through Saturday off (Including the peachtree)and chose to get back on the bike on Sunday. He gave me a script for some anti-inflammatories and told me to just be smart about it and back off if the pain returns. If it does, I may go see a sports med doctor.

So I am back to training full force. I just need to be extra careful and be extra diligent about stretching.

12 comments:

Stef said...

So glad to hear this Kevin. Keep up the great work!

teacherwoman said...

Once again, I am very happy to hear all this! Rock on!

ShirleyPerly said...

YAY for the good news! Hope you continue to heal up.

D10 said...

This is great news!!! Keep working hard and listening to your body.

Jess said...

Glad to hear it's not a hernia!

Shannon said...

Yahoo!

Wes said...

yeeeeuzzzz :-) Augusta is back on?!?!

Nitmos said...

Good news indeed. How many times did you have to turn your head and cough before they got to the bottom of that one?

Rachel said...

Whoo hoo! Time to celebrate!

Chris said...

Awesome Kevin! That is great news and I'm sure that you are more relieved than ever heading into critical base phase of your B2B plan.

Jon Gilchrist said...

Sounds good..glad it's not as serious as initially thought...

sRod said...

Whew! Glad that cleared up.

Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more!