Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yes, I am still alive

After several of my blogging/facebook friends reminded me I havent posted in a while, I figure I could at least give you a quick update. Training is a little hit or miss right now. School is draining so much time/energy out of me. I am counting down the days till I can just be done, right in time to officially start my B2B training.

My running fitness is finally coming back after recovering from Octobers sprain. Two weeks ago, the eight miler I did was my fastest run (of any distance) since the sprain. I am not completely back to where I was, but I feel better. I am now running twice a week at lunch time in order to fit all my training in.

Biking is ok, I just need to rebuild my endurance lost from a few months off. I am not as fast as I had been, but I feel like I am expending less energy. I am now training by HR after getting my LT HR by doing the Time Trial. It went ok, I thought I might have had more speed in me, but it was more about getting my LT HR then really racing.

Swimming is going well, except I continue to fight shoulder pain. As long as I am proactive with my trigger point kit, it doesnt bother me too much.

I have my first "race" in a couple of weeks. It is the first of two Lifetime Fitness idoor tris. It will be an interesting test to see where my fitness is.

Saturday, I will finally be going in for a new fitting on my bike. We went into the shop two weeks ago when they had a sale and got Cathy her new tri bike. It is the next model Felt up from mine. We bought it from the same guy I bought mine from so we got to talking and I knew I needed to get back in for a refit.

School is finally over the first week in May. I will be so happy then.

16 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Woo hoo - we're on the countdown! Training won't be nearly as stressful as school. Glad you're almost back to tip top form. Have fun with those two indoor tri's!

Shannon said...

Glad your back bro! I was one who missed reading. I understand the busy life, I'm off to the library to study as we speak.

Wes said...

I am all about rediscovering "endurance" these days!! Keep it real!! School will be over before you know it...

Marcy said...

It's weird because I "see" you everyday on FB so it's like I know you're alive LOL I don't know, FB is just easier to keep tabs on peeps hehe.

Anyway, YAY for races! Glad to see you'll be getting back into some action ;-)

teacherwoman said...

Not too long and you will be done with school ... so exciting! :)

D10 said...

I have been wondering about you!! Glad all is going well. School will be over soon, hang in there.

Gotta Run said...

I really hope that our local gyms out on a indoor tri here soon. It would be a cool thing to take part in.

New bike for Cathy. Pictures please!! Getting fit for my bike is on my wishlist. I know my set-up is all wrong.

Glad you are still moving forward. Don't make us hunt you down on FB again for an update... :))

Jess said...

Thanks for the update; glad you're still alive and doing well!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Soon school will be over and you can begin your journey to becoming an Ironman! Good luck with your training.

Xenia said...

Thanks for checking in!

Isela: Purling Sprite said...

Glad you are back and that school is almost over. I missed reading your blog.

btw: I changed my blog address, I don't know if you need it but just in case.

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear from you!! I figured that school was taking up a lot of your time. I don't know how you even manage to train as much as you do now. Almost there!

sRod said...

Thanks for the update.

Hold in there--school is almost over.

Sherry said...

Hey Kevin! I must have missed this one little post of yours last week. Even though I know you are alive and well, I've missed your blogs!

You are almost there... hurray! Life should be a wee less stressful for you once you have school off of your plate.

Congrats on Cathy's new bike!!!

Don't be a complete stranger to Blogland, 'kay?

Chris said...

Hey Kevin. How's the training going?

Rachel said...

hope your training is going well