Monday, February 9, 2009

May 7

Besides being Cathy's birthday, that is a really important day for me. That is the last day of finals of my last semester of my Bachelors Degree. I am counting down the days. I am ready to be completely done with school (or at least for a good long time).

The reason I bring this up is that right now I am taking a total of 4 classes, 3 online and one on Sunday afternoons. This is taking up so much of my time. I have been mentally drained lately. I just have not had the time to update my blog, or to comment on your blogs.

I will continue to sporadically update my blog, hopefully at least once a week when possible. I will also try to comment on all of yours when I can. If I dont comment and I usually do, know that I am at least reading through your blogs and keeping up with all of you. For those of you on facebook, I try to update my status often.

Training had been going well up until I got sick in the past week. I have been fighting a stomach bug since Thursday. I felt better yesterday, but came home from work with stomach problems again today. I have been trying to get back on the weight loss wagon, but I never wanted to do it this way. I need to feel better by Saturday because I have my first little race/fitness test of the season with the Tundra Time Trial.

Even though it is more of a fitness test for me, it officially signals the start of my racing season. I cant wait to actually race even if I am not up to full strength yet.

17 comments:

teacherwoman said...

We will be here, Kevin. I remember working and doing grad school at the same time. Take your time and focus on your studies. It will be over before you know it!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I bet you will be happy when you have school finished and behind you. :-)

Calyx Meredith said...

That is a heavy course load to have and be working too! My blog will be there when you resurface. No pressure! Just know that I'm thinking about you and wishing you well even when you don't post/comment. Hope you feel better by your time trial!

ShirleyPerly said...

No worries! It's not like we're getting paid by the number of comments we get ;-)

Seriously, I think we all know what falls by the wayside when we get busy. Hope you're over that stomach bug by the weekend. Good luck on the TT!

Shannon said...

I'm glad school is almost over! Yahoozie....

Gotta Run said...

I am about to DIE to toe a starting line so I know what you mean.

Hang in there... your degree is just around the corner. Great JOB!!! Scott finished his about 5 years ago and I am so proud of him for doing it. Not an easy thing to do when you work fulltime and have a family.

D10 said...

Kevin, congrats on almost being done with school!! You are doing great, hang in there.

Happy Birthday Cathy!

Sherry said...

I remember that load, Kevin. It will all be behind you soon. Juggling school while maintaining any sort of 'life' is difficult. Hang in there! :o)

Good luck at the Tundra Time Trial!

Jess said...

Good luck with your finals and happy b-day to Cathy!

Xenia said...

No worries, dude. You just keep plugging away and we'll be here when you get back.

Good luck!

Wes said...

Keep working hard bro! We are like a bad rash. We don't go away easy :-)

Karen said...

Woo hoo - come on May 7th!

Marcy said...

Dont' even sweat it Kev! FB is just SOOOOO much easier to keep tabs on everyone. In 2 seconds you can see everyone's status instead of having to click on everyone's bloggys hehe.

Erin Leigh said...

Congrats Kevin. I know how busy school can keep a person!!! 4 classes and the stomach virus here too.

Duane said...

Man B2B, I wish I could be there! So many bloggers! I can hardly wait to hear your report of course!

akshaye said...

Good luck Kevin.. I know how school, work and working out become impossible. Stay with it..

sRod said...

Woo hoo!! That means it's almost over. I remember trying to get running in while I was at school--it didn't last very long. Good luck.