Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF

I am so glad this week is over. Things are crazy at work. This was my first full week since the beginning of December. By the time I left work tonight, my brain was fried. I couldnt even remember what level of the parking deck my car was on.

I was so happy to make it to the gym tonight. It always amazes me how much a good swim/bike/run can really clear my mind. By the time I left the gym I was completely relaxed and felt so much better. I did a total of 2000 yards of drills today. My shoulder is doing great. The trigger point therapy has really helped

My knee is still a little achy. I will likely skip running this weekend, and maybe for a full week. It isnt anything major, in fact it doesnt even hurt when running. I just know I need to keep myself healthy. I think the trigger point therapy has helped some, I just need to keep at it.

I took yesterday off because I got home so late and was so exhausted. It was definitely the smart thing to do

I picked up another book. Since I am such an ANALytical person, I tend to read and absorb lots of information when I am doing something new. I think I may end up using this book for my training plan. It is really detailed and has a certain amount of optional workouts. Start to Finish Ironman Training 24 Weeks to an Endurance Triathlon has lots of great info. I had been looking for another book I previously mentioned and one that Robin mentioned, but I couldnt find either in my local bookstores.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

9 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

Sounds like a crazy week! Glad you could relax at the gym.

Shannon said...

I had a crazy week too. I was down in the dumps and really had to reach to get My Top 5 down. I'm glad it's the weekend too. I love how spinning, running, biking can clear our minds and put us back into proper perspective.

Have a great weekend, did you get the tracks?

Jess said...

I'm glad it's the weekend too. Getting re-accustomed to the 5 day work week is tough after so much time off!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

My week was crazy too.

I'm glad you are taking some time off running since your knee is bothering you. That's really smart.

If you ever see me posting that my knee was bothering me but I ran anyway, please remind me that nothing good comes from ignorning my body's signals. Better to take a few days early than end up taking months off later. :-)

Calyx Meredith said...

It is amazing how after a tough day/week, a good workout can calm the brain and tire the body the exact right amount! Glad you're getting what you need and yay for getting a good training plan in place.

Wes said...

Hope you are having a great weekend!! Excellent choice on books. Any good plan will help you cross that line in November. Put in the time and miles and you'll do great!

ShirleyPerly said...

Good for you reading up on all this stuff. If I didn't have a coach working with me this year for my iron races I'd be doing the same thing.

Hope you had a great weekend and next week is not so crazy!

Viv said...

sounds like a busy first week back. glad you got a great swim in and that the shoulder is holding out.
I think the more knowledge you take to the IM playing field the better right!

anesha said...

Hi Nice Blog . A recent development has been the appearance of a complete, sectioned human body appearing on the World Wide Web. The Visible Human Project presents transverse CT, MRI and cryosection images of two complete human cadavers, one male and one female, at an average of 1 mm intervals in Knee.