Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What the !#$

Thats really odd. I had typed a whole lot more last night and none of it showed up.

As far as my toe goes, it really doesnt hurt too bad. I am going to at least take a couple days off of running. Once the pain is gone and the swelling is down, I will tape it up and try to run. It really didnt bother me at all last night on the bike.

So last night I took my bike out for its inaugural ride. I headed out to do a group ride I hadnt done in a while. The bike rode flawless. I felt so much faster. Climbing hills felt easier. There were two hard hills on last night's route. While I may have been around 10 mph going up the, I found that my legs were able to recover quickly and I was back up to speed. At times on my road bike I struggled getting back up to speed. I was surprised how fast I was able to go. If we had taken the route I was familiar with, I would have even gone faster. I had to slow or stop a few times since I did not know the route. Once things had opened up, I was pretty much able to stay in aero the whole time.

Total 16.66 miles 55:37 18 mph Avg HR 149

I dont think I have ever been that fast on such a hilly route. This really makes me optimistic about what I may be able to do on the bike at the S.C. 1/2

I cant wait to get the bike out on the comet for a 50-60 miler to see how she handles.

I may go out for another group ride on Wednesday if I can make it home on time. This one is a serious 30 mile training ride with alot of climbing.

13 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Glad you had a GREAT ride, sweeeet!

D10 said...

Sounds like you and the new bike are going to have lots of good times together. Sorry to hear about the toe.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

WooooHoooooo you're rockin on that new bike!!

Wes said...

I've got to do five hour on Saturday, butt crack of stupid :-) I think I'm going to ride the Bud Plant, probably do the 45 mile loop twice. I won't be going fast (16-18 mph), but could use some company!!

Makita said...

Wow! Sweet ride! You must be zippin on those hills!

Jess said...

You didn't have it in your saved posts? Sometimes it won't show on the page, but the post will still be available in Blogger. But sometimes not. Blogger can be a bi-atch like that sometimes.

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful ride! Wahoo! Good plan with the foot...

ShirleyPerly said...

Just make sure not to tape too tightly as your toe will swell when running (as does all part of your feet). Great to hear it doesn't bother you when cycling!

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

New bike?! SWEET!! Take care of that toe!!

Marcy said...

Awwhhh man Kev!! That totally stinks about the toe. But WHOOT for taking the new bikey out ;-)

Sherry said...

Yay! I'm so eager to read more about your new bike! Makes me even more excited about picking mine up tomorrow!

Your poor toe! Hopefully it won't cause you too much of a set back. I know a lot of people break their little toe and don't even realize it, but yours looks terribly swollen.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

triguyjt said...

thats some kinda sweet ride...and you are gonna shave lots of time off your bike....

heal up that damn toe...gheesh!!!

J~Mom said...

Nice ride!!! There is a guy in our group that just switched to a tri bike and says he is so much faster now. Makes me so jealous. :>)