Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quick updates

Still riding the high from Sunday's Oly. Really cant wait for the SC 1/2 IM. This week is mainly a recovery week. At least until the weekend.

My back is much better. It really hurt on Monday, by Tuesday, the pain was barely there. Now its just about gone.

I definitely need to stay out of the pool for a little while. My shoulder continues to hurt. I shouldnt have swam today, but I did and after 1300M, it really hurts.

Tuesday I went for a easy run. I started out thinking I might actually do the intervals planned as part of this week's HIM plan. I knew after a few of them there was no way I was going to make it through it, especially as hot as it was. I ended up doing a total of 3 miles.

I think my new Nikes may be going back. I feel like the side of my foot hangs over in them. I wore them last night, and this morning my foot still hurt. I may try a few more runs, including this weekends long run in the New Balance's I have and then just buy another pair of them. At least my feet fit into the new balance. My big problem is that the outer side of my foot tends to "hang over" the side of the shoe, thus putting pressure on the side of my foot. I dont think my New Balances did this. I may try losening up the Nikes to see if they feel any better, but most likely theyre going back. Hopefully Big peach will take them back. They just have a few scuff marks on the bottom.

I am hoping to feel better for Saturdays long run and Sunday's long ride. I wont get back in the pool till at least next week.

OH! And the photographer still has not posted photos from the event yet! DOH!

19 comments:

Jess said...

If you don't feel comfortable in the Nikes, then return them for sure. Most LRS are understanding of such returns, if you still have the receipt.

teacherwoman said...

I agree, return the shoes for sure. No use paying the big bucks for something mediocre!

I hope the shoulder feels better soon!

akshaye said...

I hope they take it back.. otherwise tell them that you're a blogger ;)

Rest up.. hope you feel better soon.

Hooking up the dvd player is a great idea. I should do that with the tv close to the bike. I am actually rereading the LOR series right now.. found a really cool edition that's supposedly the closest to what Tolkien originally wrote.

Stef said...

Ouch glad you are taking care of that shoulder. I've never heard of returning running shoes but yeah take them back if they aren't working for you.

What is UP with the delay with the photos. :-) Enjoy your recovery week!

D10 said...

If you aren't feeling the shoes then definitely take them back. You don't want to cause any unnecessary injuries.

Take care of your shoulder!

Marcy said...

Yuppers homie, I'd take them back. They aren't going to get any better, KWIM?

Now take care of that shoulder! ;-)

Wes said...

Finding a good shoe for a wide foot is tough. I know New Balance has D and EE widths. I hope you find one that works for ya...

Is that swimmer's shoulder you have? You are probably more aware than I am of how to take care of that, you being a swimmer and all :-)

Silver Comet Trail ride leaving Sunday 6:30 AM sharp. I'll shoot you an email with details shortly. You are welcome to come.

Gotta Run said...

If you question your shoes take them back NOW!! Running in the wrong shoes can only add to your pain.

Continue to enjoy your high!! You deserve it.

ShirleyPerly said...

Take care of that shoulder! I hope it's something that can be easily fixed with some rest.

Not sure where you got the shoes but I hope they'll take them back or at least give you a prorated refund/return. Policies seem to vary from store to store. Good luck!!

Gotta Run said...

Nice guess... but try again....

Steph Bachman said...

Wide shoes are your friend. Well, they are my friend and maybe also yours.

Make sure that whatever shoes you get are extra big so that when your feet swell during your run, they don't do that "hangover" thing.

I'm sorry the new ones didn't work out. I've recently tried a new pair and I'm going back to my old faves too.

Steph Bachman said...

You ARE the one who had the EEEs. Sorry - revising my comment. Brooks is a wider shoe and most stores stock them in the extra wide (and narrows) as a matter of course. But if the NB work for you, maybe it's best to stick with them.

Sarah said...

I totally feel ya on the shoe thing, I've had that issue before as well. God, I hate the never ending quest for perfect running shoes.

RunnerGirl said...

Oh, I hate waiting for race pictures to be posted online. Hope they are up soon :)

cindy said...

Hope the shoulder gets all the way better quickly.

It's hard finding the perfect shoe...good luck :)

Viv said...

Glad the back is feeling better and smart move calling the rest of the swim off. recover recover is in the mode I am in right now as well or trying to be. Why do things always hurt after a race...ugh! Send those Nikes back fuggettabout it not worth the pain.

Tea said...

Very smart taking the time off! You don't want to risk a serious injury.

triguyjt said...

by now, i am sure you took the shoes back....smart move..


easy on the shoulder... its telling you something

sRod said...

I'm with Jess. Return those shoes and try trading them in for new ones.