Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Is it Friday the 13th??

Lets see, it started when I didnt sleep well. My alarm went off at 5AM to get up and do some run intervals. Well I was tired and my legs were a little sore, so I decided not to run. I knew I would at least be swimming tonight. So as is my usual stupidity I reset my alarm for 6, but forgot to turn it off.

Then, this morning at work, I spilled a whole big cup of water all over my laptop!!!! What a freakin idiot I am. So I panicked, turned the laptop off and pulled out the battery. I ran and grabbed a whole bunch of paper towels and tried to dry it off the best I could. At lunch time, I took the laptop apart (i used to service laptops in another career field). I dried any hint of water I could find. All day, I felt like crap. I dont know if it was because I may have just killed a 500$ laptop, or the fact I felt disconnected from the world. So this afternoon, I powered it up, but every key I pressed hit 3 other keys. So I pulled up the virtual keyboard, checked my email and my blog and turned it off. I got home and IT WOULDNT TURN ON!! DOH. So just before I was going to move up to watch TV in bed, I decided to try it out one last time. IT WORKED!!!YAY.

So I am hoping it stays working, otherwise I may have to find a new laptop :(

Today I swam 2000 meters. It was 250 W/U, 1500 moderate and 250 C/D. I did the 1500 in 25:19 (500 Splits:8:05,8:35,8:29) not my fastest 1500 ever, but I tried to keep an even pace, not go out to fast, and swim the third 500 faster then at least the second 500.

Tomorrow is a rest day. After work, we will head out to the peachtree expo to find some good deals. Hope everyone has a super July 4th

15 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh no! I hope the laptop forgives you and keeps working. I've been lucky to never have spilled any liquids on mine yet.

Happy 4th to you!!

TRI Vortex said...

Good thing that laptops don't cost as much as they used to. Just look on the bright side, you swam 2000 yards and your laptop swam 1.

LBTEPA said...

PHEW! Have a happy 4th of July :)

Steph Bachman said...

Hope your laptop stays OK. I've had good luck with turning off and immediately inverting (to let water come out).

See you at Peachtree on Thurs! : ) We have the same goals for the race and for the biking. Which is why I'm riding on Thurs night before the race, which is not smart but I've got to bike when the biking is offered.

D10 said...

Don't you just hate days that start off on the worng foot.

Have a great 4th.

Viv said...

Great swim! I ma glad the laptop worked again. It need to air out..LOL! I did that with a cell phone one time. Hope you find some cool stuff at the expo. Happy 4th weekend!

Wes said...

Most laptops wills survive a spill on the keyboard. Just got to let them dry completely before turning them on! Happy Fourth to ya!!!

Marcy said...

OMG I would've pooped my pants with the laptop. Glad it worked out :-)

Hope you have an awesome 4th homie!

Jess said...

Crap. Some days are just crap. Have a happy 4th!

An Athlete In Training said...

Close call with that laptop. Glad the swim went well though!

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

I just had to buy a new laptop. I 'm really happy about it now, but wasn't so happy when I had to shell out the $$ unexpectedly. Hope your laptop lets *you* decide whether it's time to get a new one or not. :)

Nitmos said...

Happy 4th! I find waiting seems to cure all laptop problems. I've left mine in a car several times in the heart of MI winters. They've frozen solid but seem to thaw out just fine if you give them an hour or two.

teacherwoman said...

Sometimes those things just need to dry out. I remember when I spilled water all over my ipod while filling my water bottle at the gym. It wouldn't work and I pannicked. Wes told me to just let it be over night and boom, it worked in the morning! haha

J~Mom said...

I hope things get better!!! I hate computers sometimes! Happy 4th!

akshaye said...

Bummer.. that could happen to anyone. Just let it dry out and dont use it for a couple of days.