Friday, July 11, 2008

All ready for race day

I am all ready for race day. All I have left to do is pack. Last night I cleaned up windbreaker. I relubed her chain and put on two new tubes and tires. I even trued up both of the wheels. Luckily they werent too bad out of true. Took her for a quick ride around the block and she is ready to race.

Then, I shaved my head (twice). Initially, I shaved it with the smallest attachment on it. OK fine no prob. Well when I was getting ready to bed, I noticed a spot I must have missed. SO I pulled out the clipper, turned it on, went over the spot and OH SHIT!! I didnt have the attachment on. So at 11PM I was re-clipping my hair. This is the end result. My head feels like sandpaper! I like it, even if Cathy thinks its too short.





In news of the weird, has anyone seen this story: Cow Methane Collected in Global-Warming Study??I laughed when I first heard the story. The funniest thing is this picture:


img src foxnews.com from Reuters



Poor cow is like what are you doing to me. Ah the things people do in the name of science

20 comments:

Jess said...

Well, my knowledge of cow methane has mostly been gathered from an episode of South Park, so I don't believe I'm up to date on this new business.

Best of luck in the race! I'm sure the sleeker head will make you faster!

ShirleyPerly said...

Dude, you look like a real bad ass with that shaved head! Make sure the helmet still fits OK (If I shaved my head I'm sure mine wouldn't). And if you don't normally wear a hat or visor on the run, don't forget the sunscreen.

That cow photo is too funny!!

An Athlete In Training said...

Hah, great picture.

Best of luck this weekend.

teacherwoman said...

You are so ready for this weekend! Even if Cathy thinks your hair is too short, you look tough and ready to rock your race! Can't wait to read the report!

Sherry said...

Just wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK this weekend, Kevin! We'll both be racing at the same time, so maybe we can channel energy off of each other and totally rock the clock!

BTW, that is an incredible bic job! Very aerodynamic, indeed! :o)

Gotta Run said...

I have done that very thing to my oldest son while cutting his hair. I was running at the mouth and then realized that I did nto put the guard on. I laughed but he did not.

It will grow back... but until then I am sure it will shave some time off of your swim :)

LOVE IT... Now go get them at teh race!!

Stef said...

Best wishes Kevin!! Have fun and kick some tail!!

Wes said...

I'm not sure it gets much shorter than that :-) See ya Sunday, bro!!

Marcy said...

You are so ready, homie!! I dig it!! ;D ;D

I have no words for that poor cow pic LOL

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Best wishes with the race.

As for that methane study/cow photo....somehow that just seems crazy. LOL.

cindy said...

Great do! Best of luck this weekend!!

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Good luck at the race!!!

Don't forget the sunscreen or you might have more than sore legs after the race!

Tea said...

Good Luck! Have Fun! And bring back pictures! You're gonna do great!

Tri chick said...

Have a good race on Sunday.

Your swim cap will just slide right on.

Steph Bachman said...

I like the new do! For some reason, my computer doesn't find the new updates on your blog so I've missed all of this week's post until today!

See you tonight!

Calyx Meredith said...

Hey Bullet Head :D - I was traveling and couldn't post until this morning - sorry if you get this after the fact - but GOOD LUCK!!! You are going to kick it!

Ryan said...

Well, you shouldn't need a swim cap!

akshaye said...

Kevin - good luck with Chattanooga. Have a great race! I like the look :)

triguyjt said...

kevin....you LOOK Fast!!!!!

go get em... enjoy it and race hard....

Jarrett said...

Um. Dude. Your head.

Good luck!