Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

Alright so I woke up this morning and my knee felt fine. Unfortunately, the weather here was bordering on nasty so I had to hop on the trainer in the garage. I made it though the second half of LOTR The Two Towers. My legs felt really good. In 2 hours I ended up doing 42.33 miles. While I wasnt scheduled for a brick, when I got off the bike, my legs felt so fresh. I ran in my house grabbed my garmin and my sneakers and saw the rain had stopped. I ended up doing two miles in my hilly hood and felt great. I felt like I could've kept going, but didnt want to push my luck. I ended up doing 2 miles in 18:17 (8:39,9:37). I was so surprised how good my legs felt off the bike.

Then, this afternoon I headed out to the gym and did my 1600 yard swim. It also went well. That swim made 9 workouts this week. This is the first week I fit in everything in my schedule.I did almost 10 hours of training this week. I already know I will have to be up at 430 AM a couple of days during the week.

Next week (6/8-6/13) I head out to Frisco,TX (Suburb of Dallas) for a week of training. I have already found a bike shop that rents bikes and has a group ride on Wednesday's . I have also mapped out the nearest LA Fitness so I have a pool to swim at. Now I just need to find somewhere to run.

In local news, I found out this morning that there will be an actual Ironman 70.3 here in GA next year in September. This one is definitely on my radar. I am seriously looking at the Beach to Battleship 140.6 for next year. It is in the beginning of November in Wilmington,NC. It is run by the same group that does many of the events around here including the SC 1/2. It is only about 7 hours away, the course is apparently flat, and it is about half the cost of an actual Ironman event. Also, I dont think the registration fills up as fast as an Ironman.

So here are my totals for May. Wow I cant believe it is June already!

Swim:17,850 yards(10.14 miles)
Bike:186.4 miles
Run:57.57 miles

Finally, I submitted my evotri making the team entry. If anyone is interested you can read it Here

14 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Excellent training week you had! Also - I hear GREAT things about the BtoB race. I think it does fill up - but not in the first hours after registration opens the way M-dot races can. It's one I've thought about volunteering for since it's only about 2 hours from me. Have fun this week training in TX!

Marcy said...

Do I foresee you and Wes doing a little 70.3? Huh, huh, huh? LMAO :P

Kevin said...

Actually, Wes and I have the same 70.3 on our schedule for this year : the SC 70.3 in Sept

Heather said...

Interesting!


I won't be iron-bound for a couple years yet, but that would save the driving down to Florida so I can actually get into IMFL. Interesting to see.

Danielle in Iowa said...

Totally impressed with the out of town planning. Gees, I just bring my running shoes and then not use them. Talk about dedication!

Wes said...

Great weekend, Kevin! Congrats on hitting all 9 workouts. The B2B filled up fast this year cause, I think, it was an inaugural year. Maybe it will fill up slower next year. There's also the Great Floridian, which is in October. I don't think that one is tough to get into as well...

Stef said...

So impressed with the out of town planning. Going out of town is when I fall down on working out -- every time. Let us know how things go.

Really like your Evotri entry!! Good luck!

Rachel said...

Good job! I can't believe it's June already either. Also, you're so good for planning ahead as far as your workouts for your trip. Traveling is no excuse for skipping workouts!

Brian said...

Good strong week and good news about your knee not acting up.

Have a good week in Texas!

Nitmos said...

140.6? Hmmm, how many miles are done by the Car leg?

akshaye said...

Nice training session - and a great pace for the run given that you just got off the bike.

D10 said...

Nice training this week. It must feel so good to have the knee and legs back.

Your write up was well written. If you decide to do Wilmington you'll have to let me know. I'll haul the family down to cheer you on!

teacherwoman said...

Your month of May looks awesome! keep up the great work, Kevin!

Viv said...

Super impressive weekend of serious workouts! Great job! that knee betta behave.

Have a nice time in my state! Yes, it is mine the whole thing :-)
Enjoy training here, and keep cool.