Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update

Training hasnt been going exactly as planned, but I have at least gotten some halfway decent training in.

Monday night I went looking for the starbucks where this group meets up. Well, I couldnt find it and my GPS was no help. As I would figure out last night, I was on the wrong side of the highway. So Tuesday morning, I got up and hit the treadmill. I did a 30 minute tempo run. I did 3.31 miles for an average pace of 9:04

Wednesday morning, I decided to use the exercise bike in the gym so I didnt have to get up too early. When I got into the gym, it was in use, so I warmed up for 10 minutes on the elliptical and then did a 30 minute hill routine on the bike.

Then on Wednesday afternoon, I hit the pool for a long base swim. The main set was 1500 yd/m with 300 W/U and 300 C/D. what is weird is that during the swim, I didnt feel like I was having a good one, but when I got out and looked at my spilts, it actually was pretty good. I did 1500 in 24:51 with 500 splits of 7:50,8:30, and 8:30.

Today, if the weather cooperates, I am going to try to hit one of the local trails for my long run and then take tomorrow off as my taper for the first annual Inaugural "Fat B(astards or itches)'s tri club" triathlon

15 comments:

Wes said...

Excellent. We'll need you well rested for the inaugural triathlon ;-)

cindy said...

I'd say you're doing great :)

D10 said...

Your workouts may not be going exactly as you intended, but at least you are getting a workout in. Nice job on the swim.

Brian said...

Looks like you making the best of it.
Like Wes said, we need you well rested or maybe, just maybe you should do some real long hot run Friday night, then go out drinking, sure that might be good.

Calyx Meredith said...

You are so good at overcoming logistical obstacles and getting it done! Good luck at the FBTri! Sounds like a great group!

ShirleyPerly said...

Good job working around the training glitches! Sounds like you got what you needed done regardless.

Look forward to hearing more about the FB tri and seeing photos. Would love to mention it at the Bar!

J~Mom said...

Have fun at the FBT!! That sounds like fun!

triguyjt said...

tell brian you'll go out for a few pops friday night, only if he matches you beer for beer, otherwise no deal!!

looks like a fun event..enjoy

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Your swims always rock!

Marcy said...

YOu make me laugh! What is up with you and not being able to meet up with the group?! Hehe There must be a plot against you! Isn't this the second time?

Duane said...

Rock on!

Jess said...

That race has a great name!

Kellye Mills said...

That's awesome!! Still sounds like you're getting in some quality training! Good luck in that cool sounding race!!

teacherwoman said...

Lookin' good! :)

akshaye said...

Have a great race!