Friday, June 6, 2008

I am a bonehead

As I was driving to work this morning, I had a DOH moment. I realized I was supposed to get up and ride this morning. I guess I was so tired last night I completely forgot about it.

Yesterday morning, I ran the dreaded hill repeats. My legs felt pretty good. I did 6 laps of the hills followed by a .25 mile cool down

3.5 miles total 35:27 AVG 10:08

Tonight is a swim. Tomorrow I am planning on running6-8 miles depending how I feel. My legs were still OK last week at 8 miles.

Then Sunday I fly out to Dallas. I have found groups to run with, a good trail or two to run at, a pool to swim at, and a bike shop who rents bikes. Looks like I am all set to be able to get some decent training in while I am out of town.

I will try to post updates and check blogs when possible, I am just not sure how much time I will have to get online.

17 comments:

Wes said...

Awesome. I love it. Don't let a little out of townishness keep you from gettin'er done!!

Nitmos said...

Solid effort for HILL training. Holy cripes. Nice job!

teacherwoman said...

Gosh... it seems like my schedule consumes my mind and it's all I think about... when will I do this, when will I do that? etc... it's hard for me to forget about a workout...

ENJOY DALLAS!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I know it's not supposed to be funny, but that is SO something I would do.

Stef said...

Sounds like maybe you needed a little break. . . .

Have a good trip!

TriCajun said...

I live in flat country - hills are going to kill me at WIBA later this month!

D10 said...

Glad to hear the legs are still feeling good. I bet the extra sleep today felt nice!

Have a great trip and enjoy the training there.

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Have a good trip!!

Viv said...

Man, you myst have been tired to miss a workout. You are like my gung ho workouts gotta get in guy.

You probably need the rest. Good news on finsing some groups to run with in Dallas. Have a safe trip if you don't check in before then.

Jess said...

Looks like you've planned your training to carefully adapt to the out of town time! Have a good trip.

ShirleyPerly said...

Don't sweat the missed bike workout, esp. if it was one of those recovery type of rides. I think sometimes the body does those types of things on purpose.

Hope things go well for you in Dallas!

cindy said...

Have fun in the Big D!

Awesome that you found runnig groups, trails, a pool and a bike shop there!!

triguyjt said...

good planning on the out of town gig....

way to hit the hills

Gotta Run said...

Have a safe trip!

Excited to see that you are doing the SC Half Ironman.

Focus...focus... and train like a machine :)

Brian said...

You making me feel lazy.

We still on this weekend?

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

I had one of those moments last week...I mixed up a ride/run combo. It happens!! I think the sleep was more important!

Kellye Mills said...

Congratulations on your decision for the SC 1/2! You'll have a great day! And way to go making all of your travel workout arrangements. THAT is when you know that these lifestyle changes that you've made are here to stay! :)