Monday, June 9, 2008

Howdy Y'all

Howdy from Texas. I am sitting in a Starbucks here in Frisco Texas hurrying to get as much done as possible before my battery dies since I left my charger back at the hotel. Please excuse any typos or sentances that dont make any sense. Its as hot as here as it was in GA, but we got some rain today and it has cooled off some.

Saturday I got up and did my usual group run. I chose to do 8 because I knew that was what felt good the week before. Overall, the run went well. I am not sure what happened on miles 4 and 5, but i think it was a combination of hills, stopping at busy intersections (auto pause was off), and a gel stop. I was at least able to do a pyramid of paces where each of the first 5 was a little slower (not really purposefully though I think the course got progressively hillier) and the last 3 were progressively faster.

8 miles 1:22:04 10:15/mi

9:34
9:38
10:20
11:10
11:28
10:15
10:02
9:35

After my run I came home and spent two hours mowing the lawn. I woke up Sunday aching and chose not to ride.

Today, I hit the pool after training for 1700 yards. The main set was 5*100 base pace and 8*25 sprints. The sprints felt good

16:05,16.70,16.24,16.72,17.03,17.28,17.37,17.15

tomorrow, I am up early to run. It looks like the renting the bike might not work out so Ill probably go to the gym twice: once to swim and once to spin. Hope everyone is well.

Kevin

13 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Yup, another bad thing about the hot summers we have in the south is that the lawn grows like crazy and needs to be mowed pretty much every week, another workout in itself!

Hope you're able to get your workouts done while on the road.

akshaye said...

You missed out on another scorcher here today! Have a great trip.

Marcy said...

Have fun down in Texas!! Awesome getting the workouts down on the road :-)

Viv said...

Great job on the workouts ya hear!

D10 said...

Mowing the lawn is a workout in itself. Nice job on the 8, glad to hear the legs are still feeling good.

Enjoy the rest of your days in Texas! Way to keep the workouts going.

teacherwoman said...

I would do anything for a good day of heat here. 60's here ..if that... and windy and wet. blech.

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Enjoy Texas! Great job getting your training in while traveling. It's a tough thing to do!

triguyjt said...

way to keep your eye on the prize while on the road....

great job..

Steph Bachman said...

I'm very impressed with your traveling exercise. It's hard to do more than hit the treadmill when you are on the road.

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Have a great trip and good job getting your training in.

Auto pause. Never heard of it. I think I need to check that out for my Garmin.

Wes said...

You are cutting the grass in Texas? Come visit me :-)

Nitmos said...

You've coined a new training technique: the pyramid work out!

Tea said...

Great day of training. Wow!