Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wicked Wednesday

First off thanks all for the great advice. I am going to hold off doing any running until next week. I will still swim and Ill get out on the bike for a long base ride on Sunday.

Well just because I cant run doesnt mean I cant get a wicked good swim in. My long swim for the week which is part of my 70.3 plan called for 250 WU/CD with a main set of 1500. I did my 1500 at a just little tougher then easy pace. I took the Hornet Juice for the first time and all I can say is wow. I had so much frickin energy for the whole swim and didnt feel tired at all. I think this stuff may be the bomb. I cant wait to use it this weekend on my long ride. I did my 1500 straight in a total of 24:29 with 500 yard splits of 7:14.86 , 8:36.03, 8:38.39.

Tomorrow night Cathy and I go see Ilana our nutritionist again. need to talk 70.3 training nutrition so I can plan this out better. I may need more then one gel every 45 minutes.

I want to give a special shot out to Wes ,Brian. and Kate who are competing in Ironman 70.3 Florida. Good luck, have a safe trip, race hard, and most important have a great time. I cant wait to hear your reports.

14 comments:

Wes said...

Thanks for the shout out, Kevin! That is a wicked good swim, indeed! and I love the pics you added to the header. You've come a long way, baby! Keep rockin and rollin :-)

Gotta Run said...

I HATE gels and do not know how you people can do them!!! :)

love the look of your blog!! You are reaching some healthy goals. Eating is such a large part of what you are doing and you are smart to be on top of it.

IM and then a 50 mile trail race... no sweat for someone as focused as you seem to be!!

Viv said...

Way to hit it up the swimming whist the running is in chill mode.

Makita said...

I love the new banner! Way to take care of your knee but still get a quality workout in... you are rockin!

Tea said...

I've heard so many people love that stuff. I haven't tried it yet.

Marcy said...

Duuudeee I love the banner!! Very sweet!

Hornet Juice . . where can I get taht again? LOL

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Thanks for the holler Kevin! We hope do make you proud and give people something fun to follow on Sunday!

Hey, love your new layout with all the pics!! That's completely inspiring and I hope you realize what you have accomplished.

Calyx Meredith said...

Hornet Juice? I haven't even heard of that one. Sounds very ... angry. However you had one heck of a swim so maybe it is, indeed, the bomb! I look forward to hearing how it works out for you. (Also interested to hear more about The Stick! It sounds kind of gimmicky. Do you think it helps?) I'm beginning to think the word triathlete is synonymous with the word "guinea pig" as "here, try this" seems to be a constant refrain. I love reading about your progress! Have a great weekend!

D10 said...

Kevin, I really like how you added the pictures on the top. If you get any good tips from the nutritionist you'll have to let us know.

Keep up all the great work. You made a smart decision laying off the running. It is better to take care of an injury at first sign than wait and have it really hinder training. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

hornet juice?

maybe i need some, i timed one 400 swim today and it was 8:45.....slower than your slowest 500.

I think you were fast before the hornet juice though. I just need some speedy juice. ;)

ShirleyPerly said...

Isn't tri training great? If your knee or whatever is bothering you, you can do something else that will help you stay in shape and keep moving forward in your goals.

Man, I wish I could swim as fast as you!!

Nitmos said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Your new masthead does kick ass. Tells your story in pictures and few words. Perfect!

Kellye Mills said...

Hey Kevin!

First of all... GREAT SWIM!! And I want to know more about this hornet juice!! :)

Secondly, your knee pain sounds like it may be resonating from your hamstring, which would also make sense with the running down hills. Make sure you are GENTLY stretching your hamstrings and that should help. I know because I'm going through the same thing! :)

Lastly... look at your transformation!! It's amazing! Be careful.. you're going to end up tiny at the rate your at! :)

J~Mom said...

Great swim!!! I have some hornet juice to try here! I will have to save it until after the race though.