Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Proud of myself tonight

So on my hour long ride home from work today I knew I was tired. I got home and had decided I was going to skip my training tonight since I am already doubling up tomorrow. So I came home, played with the dogs and had dinner. About an hour after dinner I got a second wind and decided to hop on the trainer.

So I popped last years 70.3 Championship in the DVD for some motivation and rocked it out.I ended up doing a great 60 minute ride. Who knew sometimes the training you have to talk yourself into can be some of the best. I decided to turn up the mag trainer to the highest tension. It has three settings and i have been riding in #2 since I got it for Christmas. When I had been on the trainer, I was always in the big chain-ring and the smallest or second to smallest cog. I knew it was time to go harder. I was surprised to find out even with the additional tension, I was still most comfortable pushing the big chain ring. I ended up doing 24.7 miles in 60 minutes.

Up tomorrow is an AM run and a PM swim. This will be my first of many early morning runs as its starting to get warmer here. Now I just need to force myself to bed sooner

16 comments:

Viv said...

Great training ride! That is a great second wind :-)

The early morning runs will be happening over here too. Ugh!

D10 said...

Nice ride, I like how you watched the DVD for motivation!

I think with AM workouts you really have to mentally prepare yourself the night before. At least get in the mindset of waking up early. For me, the hardest part is getting out of the bed. Once I do that, I can usually roll out of the house. Good luck!

Wes said...

Yea, I'm with you. I about got this early morning thing down. Now, if I could just get to sleep before 11 PM!

triguyjt said...

way to get that second wind, kevin...

no such thing as getting in a early am run to escape the heat here. overnight low was 32 in some spots..yeah thats even low for ohio standards this time of year.

Molly gonna go on some runs with you???
I miss not being able to take my Bailey..she's 13 plus with bad hips... ha..kinda like me LOL

Makita said...

Early mornings are hard for me, too! Though easier for the family if I roll out before they rise.

Sweet second wind! I haven't been able to get myself to do doubles yet. Not even strength training or stretching!

Marcy said...

Yeaaahhhh, that's RIGHT!! Awesome job getting er done! ;D ;D

cindy said...

Great job for you!! That is some ride you did, too.

Sometimes, those "second wind" workouts end up being great. I surprised myself and went to the gym for my swim workout at 8:30 last night. It ended up being one of my best workouts.

akshaye said...

um.. I think it cool just to trick you out of your morning run today :) I am surprised how nice it is today

Ryan said...

Nice job!

Funny thing: Last night while you were watching the 70.3 championships and cranking it out,

I was on my couch watching it and thinking I should be doing something training wise :)

J~Mom said...

Awesome ride!! Yeah, we are in the same spot with late or early runs now...sucks. The thing for us is it will last until October. SIGH

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

Way to go! Way to suck it up and enjoy. Hey, did you see me on that video? HA! I sometimes pop in a race to watch for motivation as well. It ALWAYS works!

Mendy said...

Congrats on your race even though you didn't do as well as you'd like - you still did great especially despite the knee pain.

I'm about to do the early morning running thing more often too. Blah....

Annette said...

Way to go! I know how those days can be sometimes. Good for you for getting on the bike anyway!

Sam said...

Keep it up! Getting it done when you really don't want to is what will get you to your goal.

I keep saying that I'm going to workout in the AM but it NEVER happens.

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Awesome! Anytime you can break through a motivational barrier and get productive work done, that is to be celebrated. Great job!

Stef said...

Great job on the trainer! I've had a few workouts where I felt just UGH before starting but then it turned out to be a great workout!

Congrats!!