Friday, May 9, 2008

My new toy

Today, we received our stimulus check. Its always great you can get some of your own money back from the government.

Tonight we took a trip out to REI. Cathy bought a new timex watch with a gift card she got for her birthday. Me, I got something Ive been wanting for awhile: the Garmin Forerunner 305. I have had the 201 for several years and new I've been looking to upgrade. REI has it on sale right now for $169.I new it was time to buy

Its nice to have the heart rate monitor built in, plust the GPS reception is supposed to be better then the 201. Also, this unit has a multisport mode which sounds like it will work great during training bricks and races. I also picked up the latest Triathlete mag and Bicycle mag. I need to play catch-up since I already have 2 months of triathlete mage to finish reading. I also picked up several different flavors of Gu. I have been using the strawberry banana power gels for awhile and wanted to try something different. This site has cases of 24 gu for 21.98. I had previously bought my power gel for less then $20 for a case of 24. So today at REI I picked up chocolate outrage , tri-berry, and espresso love. Ill try them out before I order the case.

Up tomorrow is a 10 miler. I am hoping the weather cooperates.

Have a great weekend
Kevin

5 comments:

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Sounds like a great way to spend that $$$. :)

J~Mom said...

Ohhh I can't wait until I get my check! Looks like a fun shopping trip!

akshaye said...

Nice.. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the 305. I've had the 201 for a while now.

Topher said...

found your blog on Nitmos'. I, too, took advantage of REI's sale and am getting better acquainted with my new 305.

Makita said...

I have the 305 as well and LOVE it! :D