Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Be very afraid


DSCF0015
Originally uploaded by tierneykev

This is our 1 year old lack lab, Molly. While she may appear cute and cuddly, do not let her looks fool you. She is a vicious predator. Her hobbies include fidgeting, terrorizing Codi, our chocolate lab, and licking us to death whenever possible.

So after my swim today, I came home and after dinner decided to pop in the yoga DVD. I was only able to make it through about 20 minutes because she wouldnt stay out of my legs. OK, so I decide to get on the foam roller. I was able to get almost 40 minutes in, but not before being licked over and over. When I roll the front of my legs, she does her best to get between me and the floor so she can lick me right in the face. Ugh.

At least I was able to get 40 good minutes on the roller, even if I was dripping in doggie slobber. Rolling my left IT band was especially painful. I have never had any IT band pain, but apparently my IT band may be tight.

My swim was good. It felt weird going back to base training as I am focusing solely on my 70.3, but it is probably for the better. Up tomorrow is an easy bike ride, more then likely on the trainer.

14 comments:

cindy said...

Oh, you can't help but love Molly...look at that sweet face :) She's telling you good job on your workout when she's licking you! My dogs do the same thing.

akshaye said...

A 1 year old.. how neat! She's giving you some good ol'fashioned puppy love!

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

Oh, she's cute!

I have one of those dogs...cute at first glance...then you get to know all the antics. LOL

Gotta' love 'em.

Viv said...

Aww, Molly is too cute!

J~Mom said...

My 6 year old dog thinks she is 1 year old so I know your pain. :>D

Marcy said...

Awwwwwhhhh what an adorable dog! How could you be mad at a face like that? ;-)

D10 said...

I can totally sympathize with you. I have a 3 year old boxer who does not stop licking, it is like his mouth has a mind of its own.

Your lab is very cute!

Wes said...

LOL!! That is too funny! Our little black lhasa likes to wait for her opportunity then jumps up and licks you in the mouth. Complete strangers even!!

P.S. Did you see my new race schedule? Chattanooga is on baby!!!

Calyx Meredith said...

Ah - kissy puppies. I have a baby hound dog (sometimes known as Satan's Minion) who tries to bite the bike pedals when I'm on the trainer - no matter how many times she gets clonked in the kisser! Molly looks smarter than that. :D And so beautiful!

Question for you - Mr. Amazingly Dedicated Roller Man. I see you have both the Stick and the foam roller. Do you use/recommend both? Are they for different things? (I went to buy a foam roller - and they were out. Three stores later I got into a discussion with a guy who swears the Stick is way better, more versatile, etc. Still have neither one - and I need something! Have been meaning to ask you your opinion! Only now I've thought about asking you and I can't remember if I actually already have. Clearly my brain, she needs some caffeine.) Peace.

Stef said...

Ha ha Molly and my Brinley are of the same mindset. When you said she wouldn't stay out of your legs I busted up laughing! What a sweetie, and she is gorgeous!

Tea said...

PUPPY YOGA! How fun!

Shawn said...

Dogs....ummmm probably not the best yoga partners!

teacherwoman said...

I think you are doing great. The pup is adorable and makes me really miss my great dane!

teacherwoman said...

By the way... Strip and Go Nakeds is a drink...

a very good... drink....