Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wow the pollen is bad

I learned an important lesson today. I need to drink lots of water on days Im gonna run outside. I really slacked off when It came to water today. That combined with the pollen made my run today tough. I think the humidity may have been high as well. I really felt dehydrated. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. I had to stop at about 2.5 and see if I felt good enough to continue on.I ran another 1/2 mile and had to call it quits. i had already drank all four of the bottles on my fuel belt.So I ended up with 3.5 miles in 36:45 for an avg pace of 10:30 which is my usual pace for my longer,slower runs. I was glad I was at least able to push myself to run a little more but I still knew when to call it quits. Up tomorrow is another swim. I am hoping to get the chance to run again on saturday morning with my usual running group, weather permitting.

I will not make the mistake about not drinking enough water again.

2 comments:

Wes said...

We keep learning, little by little. FYI, Galloway suggests running a minute slow for every 10 degrees above 60. Of course, that's just a guideline, but it does work well :-)

J~Mom said...

It really does hit you as the heat creeps up. Do you know about nuun? It's a great product that I used with long runs in the heat!