Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I feel the need...The need for speed

I am glad to be back at 100%. Tonight's plan was a swim. I am in the last week of my base phase and this was the first week that had some short sprints in the plans. I opened up with my usual warmup and felt pretty good. I knew I was short on time since the aquarobics took over the pool at 6. My pull sets felt really fast. the first part of my main set was 6*100 (25 Build/25 descend/25 B/25D) . My arms felt strong my flip turns were right on. Each one I pushed just a little bit harder. Then came the real fun. The second part of the main set was 6*25 Sprints. I pushed each one harder and faster. I havent felt this good in the pool since I swam in HS. I felt really strong

I am really running through scenarios in my head for Sunday's Indoor tri. It consists of a 10 min swim/ 10 Min T1/30 Min Ride on a spin bike/5 Min transition from Bike to Treadmill/20 min on treadmill.

As I was swimming today I thought I should test on Thursday if I can hear my watch go off under water so I can set an interval timer so I know how much time is gone so I can pace well. I am also happy to hear spectators are allowed so my wife can take lots of pics so I can sit down and analyze my swim form. The swim is my strongest, but I think if I can see some good pics, I can tweak my form and really hit it fast.

I am really looking forward to this event to really push myself and see where I really am at.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for posting on my blog, now we know each other.
Looks like some of the races on your calendar are some of the same I have been looking at.

Glad to hear you're feeling 100%, I've been up and down this winter but also feeling pretty good myself.

Me and another blogger Wes are going to ride the Silver Comet Sunday, if you looking for a ride.

Train smart train strong,

Brian

teacherwoman said...

Goodluck with your indoor tri this weekend! You will do great! And, most importantly, have fun! :)

Wes said...

I can hear my watch beep under water when I'm pushing off from the wall. Not sure I can here it when my arm is further away though. Have a great indoor tri this weekend! Rock and roll!!

cindy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Good luck with your indoor tri this weekend!!

Kevin said...

After reading teacherwoman's report from her Lifetime indoor tri, I am hoping that they do it the same way at mine so I have some idea of timing without trying to take a peek at my watch