Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Craptastic Tuesday

So I awoke extra early for my every other week meeting knowing it would be a long day. I was not feeling too well. I felt like there was something in the back of my throat and that my allergy problems might be coming back. By 4PM I had to decide whether or not to train today or not. My body was screaming at me to take a day off. That coupled with the fact that I forgot to bring a towel meant no dreadmill intervals for me. So my short streak has come to an end. I had school as well last night so I didnt get to bed till after midnight.

I am just a little sleepy today. If it werent for Diet Pepsi Max, I think Id be asleep at my desk. Tonight I am going to hit the gym for another swim and then go home and crash. I will be glad once finals are over on Friday. from then on, I will be trying to take only online courses so I can focus on my training for the HIM

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that Cathy called me yesterday and asked me if I had read the label closely on the new Glucosamine I started taking this weekend. Well as it turns out it contains shellfish, which i am slightly allergic to. I have stopped taking it and am feeling better now, so this may have been the latest cause of my symptoms. Never even thought to watch out for that on supplements

10 comments:

Jess said...

I got the same crap, dude. Rest up and feel better soon!

Nitmos said...

Thanks for stopping by. Good luck in your training. Crap days are all part of the experience. I feel like I'm getting a "false positive" in my training if there ain't a few of those sprinkled in.

Gotta Run said...

Yuck... sorry that you have felt bad!! Don't hit the sodas to much... they are calorie killers!!! Worse on the waist line more than anything.

You have a lot on your plate but try to just keep pushing ahead!!! You can do it.

Have not posted this info yet but I signed up for a Tri. It will be my first in two years. :)

J~Mom said...

I hope you feel better! Sometimes we do just need a day off.

Hey, I looked back at your wetsuit..is it a neosport? That is what I got!

Kevin said...

Yes its a neosport sleeveless

Marcy said...

Dang, I hope you feel better :-) Rest up my man, sounds like you def need it! ;D

Katie Weaver-Jongerius said...

It's going around so you aren't alone. That was me last week.

I hope you feel better Kevin!!

triguyjt said...

so, its a crap day...

switch the word around, and then take some spelling liberty..and...

its a PARC day.
go to the park, and enjoy a nice walk..feed the fish. get some sun.....forget about training for a day...

akshaye said...

wow.. that is freaky with the shellfish in the supplement. The race day would have done you good. Hope you're feeling better.

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Glad to hear you figured out what was causing the allergy. I wish mine was something I could take care of like that.