Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Change Happens

As my training is ramping up, it looks like I may have to shuffle my schedule around. I am going to be going out of town the week of my planned Oly Race. I will get back that Friday, and the race is on Saturday morning and its more then a 2 hour drive. So I am looking for a new Oly Race close to Atlanta. I am looking right now at the Peachtree City Intl Distance Race It is almost a month earlier, but I feel like I could be ready by then since my training has been consistent. I am also looking at adding one or two runs. I found out there is a FREE 5K this weekend I may try to squeeze in. I have also told several people I would join them for the Celebrate America 10K on Memorial Day. this race is special to me because it was the first race (5K) I ever did. My plan is to break 50 minutes. Then Ill be all set to really rock out with 50,00 others in the peachtree road race on july 4th. Since I have a Time group 1 slot, I will not have to fight as many crowds. Depending on the weather, I may even shoot to go under 50 in this one. From there, all my focus is on the SC 1/2 IM. I am really lookin forward to that. Then in October, I want to do the Silver Comet 1/2 marathon and break 2 hours. Finally, I am really thinking hard about attempting the Chickamagua marathon. If not, I will wait till February and prolly run Birmingham.

One more special announcement: I am now a member of Team Javelin Tri Team I applied several months ago and found out this weekend I was chosen. Now, they may chose to accept everyone who applies but I am not sure. Soon I will be rockin in their bright Green Tri suit or their bright orange top/bottom. Plus I get some decent discounts.

Training is well. Sunday was 90 on the trainer since it was raining and yesterday I was in the pool doing lactate sprints. They were a little tough now that my rest was cut from 45 to 30 seconds. I made it through them and feel pretty good. today is sprint intervals on the Dreadmill.

SUN OCN:90 minutes trainer 36:09
MON OSN:1825 main set 5*100 + 7*75 Sprint

11 comments:

Wes said...

That's a bummer about being out of town the week before the Oly. Sounds to me like you could be ready for the Oly on May 18. I was looknig for the Chattanooga Waterfront Tri, but I don't think they are doing it this year...

Brian and I are doing a swim/bike brick at Dallas Landing on Sunday. He wants to test out his new wet suit, then we are going for a 4 lap 50 mile ride around the lake. Join us if you want to :-)

Wes said...

Ha! here ya go, I found it :-)

http://www.team-magic.com/events/waterfront/index.html

Kevin said...

That may actually be another option for me. Especially since I know alot of people from here do that race

Here is the site

http://team-magic.rd20.com/EventDetails/tabid/163/EventID/97/Default.aspx

Marcy said...

CONGRATS on the team!! Sweetness! ;D ;D

Gotta Run said...

Freaking sweet that you were chosen to be part of a team. Love their team wear!!!! We need pictures when you get yours.

Congrats!!!

Wes sounds like he has the plan for you.

Gotta Run said...

Freaking sweet that you were chosen to be part of a team. Love their team wear!!!! We need pictures when you get yours.

Congrats!!!

Wes sounds like he has the plan for you.

Gotta Run said...

Freaking sweet that you were chosen to be part of a team. Love their team wear!!!! We need pictures when you get yours.

Congrats!!!

Wes sounds like he has the plan for you.

Brian said...

I'd be up for the Chattanooga.

I'm going to be a bachelor for two weeks and that falls right in place for me. The family is going to Cape Cod for a month, me only 2 weeks'ish so I'm back in town on the 9th and the race is the 13th.

Guys trip???

Stef said...

Congrats on making the team! Your racing plans sound great also, way to adapt. Swim sprints are never fun but it sounds like you kicked some butt with those.

I'm sure you'll be ready for that earlier oly.

Duane said...

Hey Kevin! Pleased to meet you! I look forward to seeing you do your 1/2!

J~Mom said...

It's stinks to have to change plans but it looks like you found some good replacements!! I think you will be more then ready for the Oly!!

Congrats on being a part of the team! That is awesome!